Hi,
Just noticed you sent this mail to the list too.
I replied it directly to your mail, but if you have more questions or
things you would like to discuss, feel free to send it to this list.
Best,
Sanel
Basile Starynkevitch <basile(a)starynkevitch.net> writes:
> Dea All,
>
> I am interested in submitting a 60 minutes full presentation on GCC-MELT - see http://gcc-melt.org/ for more.
>
> MELT is a Lispy domain specific language (and GPLv3+ implementation, as a GCC meta-plugin)
> to extend and customize the GCC compiler.
>
> However, I am unfamiliar with FOSDEM (never been there, but very interested!) and I want to maximize
> my chances of being accepted.
>
> Would a talk, for people knowing some Lisp dialect but unfamiliar with GCC technology, focused on
> an overview of the MELT language and its pecularities (w.r.t. to other Lisp-like languages),
> on implementation challenges and possible MELT applications, with some view on future work,
> be relevant for FOSDEM ?
>
> I am submitting https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM15/event/2987
>
> Should I submit slides (is PDF an acceptable format for slides done with e.g. LaTeX/Beamer ?)
> and a paper (which length, which format, e.g. which LaTeX slide)?
>
> Should the slides and papers be ready before the submission deadline (december, 14th, 2014) or
> is a detailed abstract enough?
>
> Do you have some related past talks (at previous FOSDEM, preferably Lisp related), as examples?
>
> Apparently you already heard of MELT. What are the particular questions you want me to focus on?
>
> Regards.
Hi all,
I've recently got interesting question regarding to policy of publishing
proceedings and ability to cite a publication. This is mostly
interesting for people from academia.
FOSDEM does not do proceedings, mainly because there is so much work to
be done and many spekers don't write papers. However, all previous
FOSDEM events are regularly archived at https://archive.fosdem.org,
including presentation slides and abstracts.
I hope this will help.
Best regards,
Sanel