Hi Martin and all, we, from the Unikraft open source team are volunteering to take care of this. We attended the devroom for a couple of years and also think this would be a pity if it would not happen. In fact, having you as a backup and source of know-how, would help us a lot. Mainly Razvan Deaconescu (in CC) would be the main organization person. What do you think? What would be the next steps? Best regards, Simon
On 30. Sep 2022, at 19:12, Martin Decky <martin@decky.cz> wrote:
Dear microkernel and OS enthusiasts,
the FOSDEM organizers have recently announced the CfP for devrooms at FOSDEM 2023 [1].
I strongly encourage a volunteer to step forward and propose the microkernel devroom for FOSDEM 2023, to continue the more-than-a-decade long tradition of our community. It would be a pity to have FOSDEM 2023 without the microkernel devroom, especially since the conference is aiming for a physical event again. Not even mentioning the fact that microkernels are still becoming stronger.
Sadly, I again cannot become the primary organizer for this year due to practical personal reasons. Maybe next year. But like last year, I can at least offer to act as a backup and a source of know-how.
I am looking forward to your initiative! Thanks.
[1] https://fosdem.org/2023/news/2022-09-29-call_for_devrooms/
Best regards
Martin Decky _______________________________________________ microkernel-devroom mailing list microkernel-devroom@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/microkernel-devroom