FYI: Since there was no reply to my previous email, I am about to submit the devroom proposal under my name. Hopefully see you in February 2024 in Brussels :) M.D. On 2023-10-13 10:52, Martin Decky wrote:
Dear all,
since the deadline for the devroom proposals for FOSDEM 2024 is approaching very quickly (October 16th) [1], I would like to ask if there is anyone who would want to propose and organize our traditional microkernel (+ friends) devroom.
If you have (had) any such plans, please let me know by the end of October 14th (this Saturday!) by latest. In case there is no volunteer, then I will personally propose and organize the devroom.
FYI: Razvan Deaconescu, who organized the devroom this year, already volunteered. I would certainly like to thank him for his organization this year and for his initiative. But I believe we should also keep our tradition of the "rotating presidency" of the devroom.
Therefore I strongly encourage other members of our operating systems community to step up in order to support the diversity of the devroom.
[1] https://fosdem.org/2024/news/2023-09-29-devrooms-cfp/
Best regards
Martin Decky