On 23.11.2011 11:34, Norman Feske wrote:
Given the fact that a pretty large public will be present at the room, what do you think about the idea to use a corner of the room for hands-on / demo stuff? If agreed, we could bring along a second projector especially for making the live demos more visible and (somehow) entertaining to the public - just an idea.
I have some mixed feelings about this. On one hand, this could be really interesting for the public. I can imagine each project having a chance to demo something using a small table and perhaps a small drawing board somewhere in the corner. On the other hand, I can foresee some problems related to this: - you'd need to bring more people from each project to man their part of the corner - the people taking care of the corner per project would be unable to pay attention to whatever goes on elsewhere in the devroom, which would be kind of contraproductive given the intended goals of the devroom - the activity in the corner could be potentially disturbing to the main activity taking place in the devroom Note that there is a possibility to apply for a stand, which, I believe, is more suitable for this kind of activity. Jakub