Hello, I'd like to submit a proposal for a talk and maybe a workshop if resources permit. Contact ======= Name: Branko Majic E-mail: From mail header Biography ========= I'm a system integration engineer/system administrator, Free Software enthusiast and supporter. I've been dealing with deployment of various Free Software solutions (integrating them often with proprietary solutions), and for the past two years I've dealt a lot with security-related technologies (mainly X.509, some Kerberos, and integration/installation of different solutions with those). Talk Info ============ Duration: Depending on topics I'd cover, 30-40 minutes The talk will cover the use of X.509 in available Free Software applications, the obstacles that integrators are bound to face, and the way the integration process might be improved. The talk should also cover some areas which are currently lacking in terms of implementation in Free Software projects. The talk is more oriented towards the system administrators/integrators. Workshop Info ============= The workshop should include a practical demonstration of deployment of X.509 infrastructure, integration of various services to use X.509 certificates and infrastructure, with demos provided with virtual machines. Purpose is to demonstrate the functionality in Free Software related to X.509, primarily in terms of enterprise-readiness of such software. Additional Information ====================== The talk and workshop will be heavily based on an online book I'm working on which can be found here: http://majic.rs/book/free-software-x509-cookbook I might have some trouble with the virtual environment, though, since I don't have a sufficiently powerful laptop to have it running. If anyone has ideas or could donate a machine with enough CPU power/RAM for the duration of workshop, I'd be very grateful :) -- Branko Majic Jabber: branko@majic.rs Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me. Бранко Мајић Џабер: branko@majic.rs Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.