Hello Kashyap, I look forward to hearing some more about Dogtag system, especially from the system-administrator perspective. What I'd be interested as well would be possibility of interoperability between EJBCA and Dogtag (since I'm planning on extending my cookbook at some point). Deploying Dogtag on a non-Fedora/RHEL/CentOS system would also be an interesting thing to see. Best regards :) P.S. Any chance of setting-up some kind of LiveCD with Dogtag on top of it for handing out to people - or even downloadable image would do? Дана Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:29:57 +0530 Kashyap Chamarthy <kashyap.cv@gmail.com> написа:
Heya,
Here is my talk/demo submission for "Hardware Security and Cryptography" room at Fosdem. I also added it to the below wiki (I'd prefer to do a demo if time permits)
http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/FOSDEM2012
Abstract for 'Dogtag Certificate System': -------------------------------------------------- This talk gives a brief overview of Dogtag Certificate System, an open-source and open-standards based scalable PKI(public-key infrastructure) solution. It lets you manage digital certificate life cycle -- common operations like certificate issuance, revocation, retrieval, renewal, manage Certificate Revocation Lists, certificate status checking using OCSP, key archival/recovery.
The talk also provides a deployment overview of different configurable subsystems like CA(Certificate Authority) -- this is the core part of certificate system which handles basic certificate management operations. Other subsystems include DRM(data recovery manager) -- which is used for 'key' archival and recovery; OCSP(online certificate status protocol) -- for checking whether a certificate is valid. RA(Registration Authority) -- for locally generating and submitting certificate requests(and validate them) effectively reducing load on CA. There are couple of other subsystems for token management (TKS/TPS)
Demonstration: ------------------- If possible, I'd also prefer to show a quick demo of configuring different subsystems like CA, KRA(Key Recovery Archival), OCSP, RA(Registration Authority) using virtual machines on my laptop with the current upstream dogtag pki . This would hopefully be useful for sys. admins trying to deploy an enterprise class PKI. (I'd be using some test scripts[2], but, I may use slightly updated scripts at that time of demo.)
-- Branko Majic Jabber: branko@majic.rs Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me. Бранко Мајић Џабер: branko@majic.rs Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.