topic proposal : Lessons learned from conducting an ICO

Stefaan Ponnet stefaan.ponnet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 13:05:42 CET 2018

This is a second proposal for a topic in the blockchain devroom in the
category: "how money and ICOs influence blockchain and FOSS communities."

Title: "Lessons learned from conducting an ICO - and suggestions for the
future of crowdfunding in crypto"
Name: Stefaan Ponnet
Abstract:
Having conducted an ICO in late 2016 - just before the hype of 2017 - we
will talk about how raising
money in this market was a rollercoaster for our community and what we've
learned from it.
Then we look into suggested alternative models of fundraising in crypto:
DAICO's - Refundable ICO's (RICO)
and our own suggested approach: Meritocratic ICO's (MICO)

Thanks,
Stefaan