[FOSDEM] Announcing FOSDEM 2008 Stands

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) koki at digintrans.com
Mon Dec 3 22:09:33 CET 2007

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the reply.

Pascal Bleser wrote:

> Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:
>> Pascal Bleser wrote:
>>> Here is the list of stands that will be present at FOSDEM 2008:
>>> http://fosdem.org/2008/stands
>> A couple of questions:
>> * Do the stands have numbers?
>
> Only internally. Actually, we'll print A4 sheets with assignments and
> put them on each stand. So when you come on Saturday morning to build it
> up, you can immediately find yours.
> We'll also have a list+map of the stands at the Infodesk and other places.
>
> But I'll send further information about that to the contact people for
> each stand as we approach end of February ;)

I was actually asking because I was planning on putting together a
"Haiku at FOSDEM" pamphlet to handout at a community event we have in early
January (www.begeistert.org). From that POV, it's much easier for the
visitor when you can say "We'll be at FOSDEM 2008! Visit us at stand
number #" to specifically point them in the right direction.

Since the information does already exist, it would help if it were made
available openly sooner rather than later. Of course, if there is a
reason to keep it guarded until right before FOSDEM, then I shut my
mouth. :)

>> * Is there a floor plan of he exhibit area that visually shows where
>> each stand is located?
>
> Not at this point, we're still shuffling to optimize (e.g. put stands
> near devrooms for projects that have both).

Understood. Thanks!

Jorge