[FOSDEM] keys and keysigning questions

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Fri Feb 23 17:55:33 CET 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, John Seifarth wrote:
> GPG/PGP Keysigning
>
> 2) How many copies of the (16 page) document do I need to print and fill in
> the checksums?

1.

> 3) If I add another email address to my identity (I only have one on it now),
> is the key as signed at the keysigning automatically valid for that address
> (or is my question already showing my lack of understanding)?

When signing a key, GPG will ask whether you want to sign all email adresses.
Some people won't say `Y' if your new email address is not on the list.

> 4) What is the best way to disseminate my public key, and to get the public
> keys of my correspondants? I understand there are key servers somewhere, can
> someone explain how this works?

gpg --recv-key --keyserver pgp.mit.edu <id>
gpg --send-key --keyserver pgp.mit.edu <id>

You can also put the keyserver in your ~/.gnupg/options.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds