[FOSDEM] FOSDEM needs better netadmins

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Tue Feb 27 01:05:46 CET 2007

On ma, 2007-02-26 at 19:46 +0100, Gerry Demaret wrote:
> This year I had almost no complaints from people, and 98% good
> reactions. If I may quote one of the *BSD guys: "The network works
> great. It is the best network we had at any conference so far".

On behalf of the Ubuntu-be booth: I used the wireless network all
weekend and often got download rates just below 600 KiB/s, which I
consider pretty good for a place with thousands of geeks around.
So, great work from the FOSDEM & Greenpeace people involved!

Only one minor complaint: unfortunately the wired & wireless networks
were in a different local network range, so I couldn't play a Frozen
Bubble LAN game with "SWAT" from Ubuntu-nl...  ;-)

--
Jan Claeys