[FOSDEM] FOSDEM needs better netadmins

Gerry Demaret gdemaret at fosdem.org
Tue Feb 27 01:18:57 CET 2007

Jan Claeys wrote:
> Only one minor complaint: unfortunately the wired & wireless networks
> were in a different local network range, so I couldn't play a Frozen
> Bubble LAN game with "SWAT" from Ubuntu-nl...  ;-)

Indeed, they were. The Greenpeace AP's in the hall did their own NAT.
All part of the KISS principle we had this year, just to make sure
everything Just Worked (tm).
However, if you connected to the wireless in the room the wired uplink
came from, you could have played FB in LAN ;)

I'll see what we can do about that next year.

Kind regards,

Gerry.