[FOSDEM] FOSDEM needs better netadmins
wybo at logilogi.org
Wed Feb 28 12:10:29 CET 2007
> SMTP is blocked on the university's network. It's their policy, not
Also port 3000 was blocked. This was quite unhandy for us as we had
the pre-alpha of our software running on that port (as is standard
with Rails applications).
In the end we decided to take down the stable version and run the
pre-alpha on port 80 for the weekend.
But on overall I am very happy with how the network performed.
- History, Informatiekunde (computer linguistics, IR, webtech) and Philosophy
- Member of the Center for Metahistory Groningen (http://www.rug.nl/let/cmg)
::Free Software and Open Source Developer:
- http://www.LogiLogi.org, Cumulative, shared commenting, publication and
idea sharing: Where insight comes together...
- ComLinToo, a computational linguistics toolset written in Perl
- Lake (LogiLogi.org Make), a make-replacement using makefiles in pure C++
- In the world, wavy hair, go figure (http://nl.logilogi.org/HomE/WyboWiersma)
More information about the FOSDEM