[FOSDEM] Re: Key Signing Party -> Saturday Evening

Sven Guckes maillist-fosdem at guckes.net
Wed Feb 11 03:57:53 CET 2009

* Philip Paeps <philip at fosdem.org> [2009-02-09 21:41]:
> Karlheinz Geyer <geyerk.fv.tu at nds.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> > But please check weather conditions and temperature next year BEFORE
> > planning to do the keysigningparty outdoors again *cough* ;)
>
> Actually, I think the keysigning event (I am always hesitant
> to call it a party, perhaps I usually attend the wrong kind
> of party?) has simply become too large to organize indoors.
>
> It would be a bit silly to sacrifice a main track talk
> in Janson or Chavanne to make room for the keysigning. :-)

sure..  no need to sacrifice a room
for any of the (big) talks.

but why does the key signing party have
to be parallel to any of the talks at all?

how about making the key signing party
a part of the saturday evening event?!

"saturday evening at 21h - the key signing party!
 followed by some free beer (as in "free beer")"

 :-)

Sven