[FOSDEM] Thanks crew

David "Lefty" Schlesinger lefty at access-company.com
Mon Feb 9 21:03:51 CET 2009

On 2/9/09 11:46 AM, "Philip Paeps" <philip at fosdem.org> wrote:
> On 2009-02-09 20:39:13 (+0100), Karlheinz Geyer
> <geyerk.fv.tu at nds.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>> * Marten <marten at wifisoft.org> [09.02.2009 20.24.42 +0100]:
>>> Dear all organizers, speakers, volunteers,
>>> Thanks a lot for the great event this year. I enjoyed it very much.
>>
>> Yeah, all of you have done an outstanding job, thx.
>>
>> But please check weather conditions and temperature next year BEFORE
>> planning to do the keysigningparty outdoors again *cough* ;)
>
> Actually, I think the keysigning event (I am always hesitant to call it a
> party, perhaps I usually attend the wrong kind of party?) has simply become
> too large to organize indoors.
>
> It would be a bit silly to sacrifice a main track talk in Janson or Chavanne
> to make room for the keysigning. :-)

And we only had about a 50% turnout, from my count! I think next year, I'll
just remember to bring gloves: all I need to be able to do is hold a
passport and make a checkmark. (But I _am_ going to make a little booklet of
the printout, like I saw someone else do...)

And, yes, volunteers, organizers and participants were all terrific. I'll
definitely be back next year. I figure if there are 300 kinds of beers
available in Belgium, I've still got about 280 to go....