[FOSDEM] Re: Key Signing Party -> Saturday Evening

markus reichelt ml at mareichelt.de
Tue Feb 17 18:18:06 CET 2009

* Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> >>And next year discuss the keysigning on a dedicated mailinglist instead ?
> >
> >And a good exmaple for what is not constructive.
>
> Maybe not immediately constructive for fixing the KSP problems, but it is
> constructive for (some of) the users of this list. I provide a solution
> for something that is (not only) bothering me.
>
> If the KSP people can use this mailinglist to question the location and
> organisation of the KSP. Why can I not use the mailinglist to propose
> splitting the organisation of the KSP to a seperate mailinglist ?
>
> Without being called unconstructive.
>

> Simply looking at the archive:
>
> 	http://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2009-February/thread.html
>
> about 60% of the mails to this mailinglist were related to the KSP. If you
> include January too, it is likely even more.

Would you please stop driving this issue?

It's not important how many mails on this list are related to a
certain topic of FOSDEM. It's still related to FOSDEM and as such
on-topic.

What if next year a different topic with a large percentage of mails
in January f.e. comes up? Do yo want a separate mailinglist for it
then as well? We surely can help generate traffic next year, mind
you, like voting on talks after the conference, slides/PDFs not being
available beforehand, just to name a few out of the blue.

Wound, Salt, Temptation. One Doesn't Want This.

If one doesn't like an on-topic matter being discussed on a
mailinglist then please use a MUA that supports scoring in case one
is driven by the urge to read each and every mail on this list.

Just for the record: Nobody forces one to read mails with a subject
one dislikes already.

That being said, I rest my case.

Have fun!

--