[FOSDEM] News : Call For Lighning Talks
info at fosdem.org
info at fosdem.org
Mon Oct 12 18:56:53 CEST 2009
*Lightning Talks* are your chance for 15 minutes of fame: every free or open
source project can apply for giving a lightning talk at FOSDEM.
Our goal is to offer all the projects that do not fit in a specific main
track or devroom the opportunity to speak. During exactly 15 minutes, one
person gets to present the project or any aspect of it. All the lightning
talks happen in a large room that can host up to 300 people.
.... Before applying, note that:
* Only existing open source projects will be considered,
* If the proposed talk would better fit a devroom, we will forward your
request to them,
* Projects that do not participate in the current or previous FOSDEM edition
will be favored over other ones.
.... The lightning talks will follow the following procedure:
* In order to guarantee a smooth speaker switch, the speaker should attend
the talk before his,
* A fixed computer will be used for all presentations: speakers have to send
in their presentation one week in advance,
* There will be a notorious clock that indicates the time the speaker has
left. When it rings after exactly 15 minutes, the speaker has one last
sentence to finish up...
If you are interested in doing a Lightning Talk at FOSDEM 2010, submit the
form below !
2009-12-20: Deadline for lightning talk requests
2009-12-28: Acceptance notification of lightning talks
2009-01-10: Final schedule announcement
2010-02-06 to 2009-02-07: FOSDEM 2010
For more information about lightningtalks, contact:
/lightningtalks at fosdem.org/
The lightning talks schedule information will be published on the FOSDEM
website, including all the information you provide (except email).
-------- LIGHTNING TALK REQUEST FORM
For more information, or to fill in the form check out:
More information about the FOSDEM