[FOSDEM] Beer event

Tue Feb 2 10:10:54 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 00:05, Wouter Verhelst <wouter at debian.org> wrote:

> It is allowed, but only if no food is served in the bar and, of course,
> the bar owner does not forbid it otherwise. The Delirium Café does not
> serve food (other than things like nuts etc, which the law does not
> apply to), so the law does not forbid it.

_If_ the Fosdem organizers want to regulate such a thing, I am sure
they are packing enough economic punch to have said bar forbid
smoking during that night.

I seem to remember a rather vivid discussion about this topic one
or two years back.

Personally, I think that the smokers have the alley for the short
time they want to smoke whereas the non-smokers have to sit
in the smoke all the time.

Richard