[FOSDEM] Borrow CD drive?

Joost Ringoot joost at ringoot.org
Fri Feb 5 23:24:41 CET 2010

 To be honest, I never tried unetbootin.
Here however is described how to use an iso-image to install any OS with
unetbootin:
 http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/#other

I had a lot of success, also on LVM partioned servers with RAID 1, I cloned
one dell Pizabox with Centos to another pizza box,  with this nifty thingy:
http://clonezilla.org/
It was darn flawless and easy.
They describe a way to manually put the image on an USB stick, but this may
help even better:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install-clonezilla-on-usb/

But I guess you don't have an iso image of windows XP

BTW: are you sure you want to use windows XP on Fosdem?
Try Ubuntu, imho, the first Linux distro that is really easier in all
aspects (install, driver support, multimedia support, etc...) than Windows.

Reading that people consider to come with Windows to Fosdem, I believe that
there is need for a classic Linux install fest:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Installfest-HOWTO/index.html