[FOSDEM] Women - roomshare

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:19:17 CET 2010

Hi Sumana,

I am sure there are women attending FOSDEM since I shared rooms in hotels
and hosts via CouchSurfing (CS) without any other intention then having a
conversation and good nights sleep. It is however not usual that you
coordinate sharing hotel rooms via CS, you rather look for someone living in
the town you want to visit and they will let you stay in there home, the way
to primarily find a host is to use the CouchSearch feature where you can
specify gender and a few female hosts only accepts female guests. You can
also find hosts via groups and event pages, I will ask the female hosts I
know in Brussels to join the FOSDEM group on CS.

Last time I shared a hotel room, we found out that the bed had 2 madrases so
we dragged one of them out on the floor in a 1 bed room so there are ways to
save a bit of money without having to sleep on the floor, but I am not too
sure the hotel was thrilled over our approach if they had known.. ;)

I wish you luck with finding a room to share!

- Nicolas