[FOSDEM] News : Call for volunteers

info at fosdem.org info at fosdem.org
Wed Jan 13 11:56:01 CET 2010

FOSDEM 2010: nearly there... And you can help us make it a success again.
Visitors of previous editions will probably have noticed our enthusiastic
team of weekend volunteers who help us bend the chaos into order. Feel like
helping out this year? Here's your chance: don't be shy and just sign up [1]!

Tasks that require your help include, but are not limited to:

  * Setting up the venue
  * Manning the infodesk
  * Handling the donations
  * Translating for our foreign guests
  * Handling taxis for speakers
  * Moderating the main tracks and the lightning talks
  * Cleaning up after the event
  * ...

Think this sounds like fun? So did our previous volunteers, some of which
you'll meet again this year. So wait no longer and mail us at
volunteers at fosdem.org [2], and become part of the team now! All help is
appreciated, even if it's just a couple of hours in between talks.

Helping hands are especially welcome on Friday from 9am onwards. If you're in
the neighborhood, just come to the venue [3], we'll need you!
PS: It speaks for itself that we wouldn't want our Friday volunteers to miss
the beer event, so after we wrap up we're all going together.

See you at FOSDEM!

For more information, or to fill in the form check out:
http://fosdem.org/2010/news/call-volunteers

[1] mailto:volunteers at fosdem.org
[2] mailto:volunteers at fosdem.org
[3] http://fosdem.org/2010/practical/transportation