[FOSDEM] FOSDEM iPhone App

David "Lefty" Schlesinger lefty at access-company.com
Sat Jan 16 22:01:19 CET 2010

On 1/16/10 12:26 PM, "Leon Handreke" <leon.handreke at gmail.com> wrote:

> In an effort to make FOSDEM even more paperless, Adam Ziolkowski and me
> have created an iPhone application with the FOSDEM schedule.

I downloaded it immediately. This is _terrific_ (although I suspect that
some folks, who will hopefully remain nameless, might have a fit, just at
the idea...)! Great job.

> Unlike with the paper booklet, you can always download the most
> up-to-date schedule in case there are some last-minute changes. You can
> also view only lectures going on or starting soon, which could come in
> useful. We have also put in a map for each event, showing you where it
> is.

Yes. This. I'm thinking of taking some photos of it and posting it on my
blog, so that this gets syndicated onto Planet GNOME. In fact, I talked
myself into it before I finished typing the last sentence. I'll have it up
before I call it a night, I expect.

> We have released the source on GitHub [1] under the Beerware License, so
> feel free to adapt it for your own conference. It's quite flexible,
> being based on the xcal files generated by the pentabarf system FOSDEM
> uses.

Even better.

Leon and Adam, you guys rock. This is terrific stuff!