[FOSDEM] News : Job Corner

Alexander Mikhailian mikhailian at mova.org
Sun Jan 24 12:07:55 CET 2010

At the last FOSDEM, I left a pile of paper ads in the job corner. The ads were
for a sysadmin job in one of the european space centers. Back in time, I felt
a little awkward with regards to the rules. Was the job open source related?
Definitely, it was. Was it an open source job?  Definitely, not.

What I knew for sure is that the job opportunity was geeky enough to please
the FOSDEM crowd.

   Now, the questions:

Can FOSDEM allow for geeky job ads that are not exactly about "Open Source
Development" but are interesting for FOSDEM visitors?

How to deal with the confusing rules (Open Source Related vs. NO Non-Open
Source Jobs)

  And a suggestion:

Drop all rules  and make the job corner a self-organizing place. None will
post SAP and Sharepoint job ads there anyway.

--
«If you can't change your organization, change your organization» © Martin
Fowler