[FOSDEM] News : Job Corner

Ulrich Staudinger ustaudinger at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 12:54:06 CET 2010

Am 24.01.2010 12:44, schrieb Philip Paeps:
> Yes - I don't know who came up with the bright idea to overly
> formalize this,
> though I have some idea, but it's clearly over the top.
>
> I feel there should be one rule: "use your common sense".  I realize that
> common sense is surprisingly uncommon in these cloudy days, but FOSDEM
> visitors are expected to have some.
>
> If in doubt, leave it out.
>
> FOSDEM staff (either collectively or individually) will keep an eye on the job
> corner and eject things which common sense should not have allowed in in the
> first place.
>
>   - Philip

I find it strange that you do not want non open source jobs. Who has
something against earning a dime ?
I definitely agree with Alexandre, there is no better place to reach the
geeks than FOSDEM and many of these geeks look for a job here or there
and many companies need geeks ... But i can tell you that a stand alone
job fair would definitely be not good. Of course no one wants suit
carriers around and booths of commercial companies, but clearly saying
no booths allowed, no suite carrying would definitely be a good start ...

/u