[FOSDEM] Third call for sessions for the FOSDEM cross-distribution miniconference

Wouter Verhelst wouter at debian.org
Wed Dec 21 13:03:29 CET 2011

Hi all,

(note MFT set to distributions at lists.fosdem.org)

FOSDEM is a yearly conference that takes place in the campus Solbosch of
the Université Libre the Bruxelles, in Brussels, Belgium. The upcoming
edition of FOSDEM will happen during the first weekend of February, that
is, the 4th and 5th of February, 2012.

During the past two editions, there has been a distributions
miniconference at FOSDEM, inviting talks from all distribution projects.
Distributions that have cooperated in the past include Debian, Fedora,
CentOS, openSUSE, Mandriva, NixOS, and more.

The distributions miniconference will happen again this year, and we are
still seeking proposals for sessions.

I've sent out two previous calls for sessions for the miniconference
that set the deadline for talk proposals to December 22nd, 2011, which
is tomorrow.

A list of current proposals can be found at
<http://barbershop.grep.be/~wouter/fosdem/2012/talk_proposals.txt>.
There are some interesting proposals there, but unfortunately there
aren't enough; we'll have two rooms for two days, which means we'll have
around 32 hours worth of talk slots.

A variety of sessions are welcome; round-table talks, BoFs as well as
presentations, on any subject related to distribution development.
Sessions can be about a subject specific to one particular distribution,
or can be targetted to distribution developers in general.

As said, the original deadline was December 22nd, but I am hereby
extending the deadline until January 1st, 2012.

People interested in holding a talk or chairing a BoF or round table are
hereby invited to submit a proposal to the
distributions at lists.fosdem.org mailinglist (moderated for
non-subscribers), containing the following information:

- their name,
- a (short) bio,
- a title for the session,
- an abstract for the session,
- an expected duration for the session, including time for questions by
  the audience.