[FOSDEM] WeBM

Jean-François Wauthy jfw at p0llux.be
Sat Feb 5 21:25:02 CET 2011

Le samedi 05 février 2011 à 21:03 +0100, Nathan Samson a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi

> are you planning to publish the videos in the free WebM format? (They
> generally generate smaller files for the same quality and free
> en/decoder programs exists)

This is not planned this year but we need to rethink the whole video
recording/streaming process for next year.

Also, theora is already slow enough (around 3 sec CPU for 1 sec of
video) to encode the videos on the hardware we have, I'm not sure using
WebM would help with that.

Regards
--
Jean-François Wauthy <jfw at p0llux.be>