[FOSDEM] Running a GSM BTS at fosdem ?

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Wed Jan 12 13:24:14 CET 2011

On 2011-01-12 13:14:42 (+0100), Guido Serra <zeph at fsfe.org> wrote:
> [gsm network at fosdem 2011]
> we can provide the necessary network equipment for this, as Nokia.

Hello Guido.  Thank you for your kind offer, but please read through the
discussion from earlier this week again.  I'm afraid that it is too late for
this year's edition to provide a GSM network.  For one thing, we do not have
a GSM licence and it is much too late in the game to procure one.  The local
regulatory authority is not known for its expedience in such matters.

> I finally got management approval and commitment. So please, let me or
> Mikhail  (in Cc:) know what are the requirements. I know we are short in
> time... but we will try to involve as well some guys for the Mobile
> DEVROOMs, with someone from the Meego teams.

Could you please get in touch with me off-list so we can see what we can do
next year.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at fosdem.org                                subscribed to the list.