[FOSDEM] Film on FOSDEM

Jakub Szypulka cubibubi at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:16:44 CET 2011

Hey guys,

I'm Jakub Szypulka, on the one hand a Tango icon designer, thus a
member of the open source community, on the other hand a videographer
and composer. For the last Libre Graphics Meeting (a conference on
open source graphic design), which also happened to be in Brussels
last year, I shot a film which you can see here
http://vimeo.com/18568225 . As you can see, it is entirely different
from static tripod recordings of the talks, which serve a completely
different purpose.

The goal of the recordings is to provide a means for people who cannot
attend the conference but would like to see the speeches or for
archival purposes, whereas the film I shot let's people, attendee or
not, grasp a glimpse of the atmosphere at the conference. This is
especially nice to watch months after a conference.

As you can also see, there are maybe 15 seconds total of actual speech
scenes, and everything else is from meeting, workshops and simple
human interactions.

tl;dr: Would the FOSDEM be interested in a film like the one the Libre
Graphics Meeting got here http://vimeo.com/18568225 ?

Thanks,
Jake