[FOSDEM] Call for stands, devroom talks and lightning talks

Mattias 'Tias' Guns mguns at fosdem.org
Wed Nov 16 10:53:13 CET 2011

Dear Hackers,

We hereby invite any and all open source projects to participate in
FOSDEM 2012 by manning a stand for the weekend, by giving a talk in a
devroom or by giving a 15 minute talk in our lightning talk room.

See http://fosdem.org/2012/call-for-participation
on how to submit proposals.

* Manning a stand
We offer open source projects a place for a stand in the hallways.
Stands can be used to share information, demo software, sell
merchandising, give away goodies and so forth.
Stands allow projects to present themselves to the visitors in a more
personal fashion.

See http://fosdem.org/2012/call-for-stands for more details

* Talking in a devroom
We will be hosting 25 (!) different devrooms, covering a broader
spectrum of the open source landscape than any year before.

The accepted devrooms are: Ada -- BSD licensed operating systems --
Configuration and Systems Management -- Cross Desktop -- Distribution
Miniconf -- Embedded -- Free Java -- Graph Processing -- Hardware
Security and Cryptography -- JBoss.org -- Legal Issues -- LibreOffice --
Mono -- Mozilla -- Multiserver -- microkernel-based operating systems --
MySQL and Friends -- Open Mobile Linux -- Open Source Game Development
-- Open Source Telephony -- Open Source Virtualization and Cloud -- Perl
-- PostgreSQL -- Smalltalk -- World of GNUstep -- X.org and OpenICC

See http://fosdem.org/2012/call-for-participation for the list of
announcements or contact devrooms at fosdem.org for a contact address.

* Lightning talks
We have a special lightning talk room for all remaining open source
projects that do not fit in any of the devrooms.
Lightning talks are short 15 minute focussed talks in which one person
gets to present the project or an aspect of it.

See http://fosdem.org/2012/call-for-lightningtalks for more details.

FOSDEM is organized by and for the community, non-commercial and highly
developer-oriented. Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source
developers a place to meet.
Now is the time to become part of it.

The FOSDEM organizers.