[FOSDEM] Keysigning: venue

markus reichelt ml at mareichelt.com
Wed Feb 1 19:01:19 CET 2012

* Philip Paeps <philip at paeps.cx> wrote:

> On 01 Feb 2012, at 18:45, markus reichelt wrote:
> > * Philip Paeps <philip at fosdem.org> wrote:
> >> Like last year and the years before, we will be outside.  Sunday
> >> at 14:00.  Expect the weather to be bad.  Not "snow to your
> >> groin" bad, but "cold and generally miserable" bad.  Dress
> >> accordingly and come prepared.  The faster we get through the
> >> keysigning, the faster we can get back inside.
> >
> > What is the Plan B for the keysigning party in case of rainy
> > weather?  There's got to be Plan B.  And because of the nice
> > weather I'd very much like to see Plan B to put into action.
>
> People bring umbrellas and raincoats.  That's what "dress
> appropriately" means.

... there's limits.

> > A keysigning party in this kind of weather is just not feasible.
>
> History proves you wrong.

Well of course it does...

I attended just for the keysigning party in 2009, 2010, and 2011. You
cannot compare this year's weather to just "cold & windy" as the
years before.  I also remember who chickened out and didn't attend
because of the 'cold' weather - dressed in a tshirt - being listed as
organizer of the event :-)

--
left blank, right bald