[FOSDEM] 2012 presentations

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Fri Feb 10 02:31:22 CET 2012

On 2012-02-10 02:22:28 (+0100), Raffaele Recalcati <lamiaposta71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I believe in this conference growing years-by-years I'm convinced that a
> proper presentation archive is needed.

We've had a presentation archive for ages.  If it's not proper, we need to fix
that.  Currently, we just link the presentations to the schedule.  That seems
to be a natural fit.

> Obviously we need the collection of presentation and a good storage to put
> it.  In order to solve the first item I guess an announcement on these and
> other ml like this "Hey 2012 speaker, can you please send us your
> presentation? We'll put it on the website".

We just email speakers directly and ask them for their presentations at the
same time we ask for their expense claims.  If all goes well, that email
should go out before the weekend and presentations will start trickling in
shortly after that.

> For the second one I have no idea what is your server situation and if
> some more organization or money are needed.

Infrastructure is not a problem at the moment.  If you think you have too much
money, we'd be more than happy to fix that for you, however. :)

> I think that the team comes very tired to the end of FOSDEM and it is
> natural that it is very difficult also to do this job.
>
> In any case, I'm convinced that 2012 presentation archive is very useful for
> people, like me, who coudn't come, but who would like to have all of the
> interesting information.
>
> What can I do to fix this situation?

Wait patiently for another week or so. :)  Drink a beer.  Go for a walk.
Write some code.  Presentations will turn up online in due course.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer