[FOSDEM] First videos soon to be available

Wouter Verhelst wouter at debian.org
Mon Feb 27 08:07:51 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:03:02PM +0000, Matthew Wild wrote:
> Hi Wouter,
>
> On 13 February 2012 19:59, Wouter Verhelst <w at uter.be> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've started uploading the first videos recorded at FOSDEM for the main
> > tracks, lightning talks, and cross-distribution devroom.
> >
> > Please note that not all videos are available yet, and that they need to
> > be synced to our mirror network first before you'll be able to watch
> > them.
> >

> What's the status on the video uploads?

We're probably about 90% through uploading videos. Of course, the last
bits to do are the more complex ones to handle, but I'm hoping to be
ready by the end of the week.

Unfortunately, we lost some talks. Some due to the fact that we were not
yet completely set up by the time talks started in the room, other
because for a reason that is not entirely clear to me yet, recording
stopped in some rooms on Sunday before all talks had been recorded. It
was not a disk space issue, since all recording laptops still had disk
available. It may have been operator error or misconfiguration on our
part. As a result, we won't be able to upload all talks, although the
damage luckily isn't too massive.

> It seems many (most?) of the main track talks are up, but the
> FreedomBox one is not yet (it was the closing keynote in janson). Just
> checking it's still on its way :)

I'm afraid Janson was one of the rooms where recording stopped
unexpectedly. This happened sometime during the Apache Cassandra talk,
so the FreedomBox talk was not recorded.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. If it's any solace, I
really wanted to see the FreedomBox talk myself, but was so busy
wrapping up in the other rooms during that time that I couldn't; so I
thought "oh well, I'll just watch the video afterwards"...

the following formula:

pi zz a