[FOSDEM] Stands for 2012

Pascal Bleser loki at fosdem.org
Fri Jan 6 11:15:10 CET 2012

On 2012-01-06 10:46:42 (+0100), Benny Siegert <bsiegert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> >K ground floor:
> >K first level:
>
> So the main part of the stands is no longer in the H building but in
> the newly constructed K one?

Yep. There won't be any stands in the H building any more,
except for the O'Reilly bookstore on the upper level near the
infodesk.

All the stands have been moved to the new K building, as well as
AW as previous years (but a little less stands in AW to avoid
overcrowded hallways).
The reason is, quite obviously, that the H hallways have always
been pretty swamped with people and as the number of visitors
increases every year, we needed to take that measure for reasons
of security/prevention, as well as just general comfort.

The K building isn't isolated though, even though it is a little
bit further away, as there will be 6 devrooms there, and the
second main track talk room (800 seats) that will be used
instead of Chavanne.

Haven't seen it myself yet, but our scouters told us that the K
building is very nice, new, clean, shiny, awesome, and that
there is a lot of space where we will put the stands :)

cheers
--
Pascal Bleser <loki at fosdem.org>       http://fosdem.org/
FOSDEM 2012 ::: 4 + 5 February 2012 in Brussels, Belgium