[FOSDEM] Taking a folding bike to FOSDEM

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Fri Jan 6 13:35:29 CET 2012

On 2012-01-06 12:18:09 (+0000), Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm considering taking my folding bike with me to Brussels.

You will not be alone.

> But I wonder whether there will be anywhere plausible to leave it at the
> conference venue.  It's a Brompton and they're very stealable, so it's not
> normally a good idea to just lock them up somewhere like you would a normal
> bike.

We have a cloakroom.  You could also just lock it to a traffic sign or a tree
just outside the building.  I think Sladen did that a couple of years ago when
we had no cloakroom.  Might have been someone else though.

Unfortunately, the cloakroom is upstairs, but it's only one flight of steps.

> Any advice, opinion, information or experiences welcome.

Bring a pump.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps