[FOSDEM] First time attendee

Pascal Bleser loki at fosdem.org
Sat Jan 28 02:18:33 CET 2012

> 2012/1/25 Samantha Kosko <samantha at 10gen.com>:
> > I figured it all out on the Swag guys!  Can someone tell me the official
> > hours for the Move In of the stands...

> No official answer, but during the last years, there was a lot of
> activity on Friday evening. I know I carried my fair share of random
> stuff around, but I have no idea if that's for stands as well as for
> Fosdem itself.

Well, we're there on Friday afternoon but, as Jan explained on
the thread, there are students running around and it's an open
space. Stuff can be stored safely though.

On Saturday, we're there very (very) early in the morning.
I would say that if you come before 8:00 you'll only see us in
zombie mode. Between 09:00 and 10:00 (am) sounds like a sane
time to go to the venue and build up your stand.

The conference "starts" at 10:30 with the welcome talk, followed
by the keynotes, but people start arriving at the venue from
08:30, 09:00 on. Note that this year the devrooms will start at
11:00 and hence I'd expect a lot more activity at the stands
around those times as compared to previous years.

cheers
--
Pascal Bleser <loki at fosdem.org>       http://fosdem.org/
FOSDEM 2012 ::: 4 + 5 February 2012 in Brussels, Belgium