[FOSDEM] [pgeu-general] FOSDEM PGDay and Devroom 2013 - announcement, call for papers

Magnus Hagander magnus at hagander.net
Mon Nov 12 23:14:52 CET 2012

Those of you who were with us at pgconf.eu 2012 in Prague already saw
the initial announcement, and we now finally have some more details
for you.

FOSDEM PGDay is a one day conference that will be held ahead of FOSDEM
in Brussels, Belgium, on Feb 1st, 2013. This will be a one-day focused
PostgreSQL event, with a single track of talks. This conference day
will be for-charge and cost €50, and will be held at the Radisson Blu
Royal Hotel in downtown Brussels. Registration is required to attend.
Registration is not yet open, but will be soon. Since we have a
limited number of seats available for this event, we urge everybody to
register as soon as possible once open.

PostgreSQL Europe will also have our regular devroom at FOSDEM on
Sunday the 3rd, which will be held at the main FOSDEM venue at ULB.
This day will, of course, continue to be free of charge and open to
all FOSDEM entrants. No registration is required to attend this day.

For full details about the conference, venue and hotel, see
http://fosdem2013.pgconf.eu/.

The call for papers is now open for *both* these events. We are
looking for talks to fill both these days with content for both
insiders and new users. Please see
http://fosdem2013.pgconf.eu/callforpapers/ for details  and submission
information.

The deadline for submissions i December 21st, 2012, but we may as
usual pre-approve some talks, so get your submissions in soon!

We also have negotiated rates with two different hotels in Brussels.
Both of these rates are limited availability, so we suggest you book
these as soon as possible as well. For details, see
http://fosdem2013.pgconf.eu/venue/.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/