[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2013 - Microkernels / Component-based OSes devroom
stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Mon Oct 29 13:01:48 CET 2012
FOSDEM 2013 - Microkernels / Component-based OSes devroom
*CALL FOR PARTICIPATION*
The developers of several free and open-source component- and/or
microkernel-based operating systems will meet at FOSDEM 2013 in
Brussels, Belgium and will share a developer room.
The devroom is currently looking for content in the form of talks
related to the area of component- and/or microkernel-based operating
systems. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
* OS introduction to developers of other OS
* Subsystems and architecture
* Hardware and device drivers
* Tools and languages
* Release engineering and testing
* Experience and learning from mistakes
* Technical challenges
* Community and life with an OS-project
* Academia and education
Please send your talk proposal(s) no later than by 2012-12-15 to:
microkernel-devroom at lists.fosdem.org
Make sure to include the following in your proposal:
* title of your talk (will be printed in the FOSDEM booklet)
* your full name (will be printed in the FOSDEM booklet)
* a short abstract
* duration of your talk (please, no longer than 45 minutes)
The final devroom schedule (along with accepted talks) will be announced
on the above mailing list on 2012-12-22. Moreover, the speakers will be
notified via e-mail. The schedule will be also published on the FOSDEM
web and in the FOSDEM booklet after 2013-01-10.
If you do not want to give a talk yourself, you may still send
suggestions for what else you would like to see, or do in the devroom.
Please send your suggestions to the above mailing list.
The devroom is scheduled for Saturday of February 2. The seating
capacity of the room is 74 seats. Any changes will be announced in the
above mailing list.
More information about the FOSDEM