[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2013 feedback

Michael Haubenwallner michael.haubenwallner at salomon.at
Fri Feb 15 16:41:51 CET 2013

On 02/15/2013 03:23 PM, Boriss Mejias wrote:
> First of all, a big thank to the organizers. Great FOSDEM once again.
> It is amazing to see how the event gets larger without sacrificing quality.
> That's very difficult to achieve, so congratulations.

Absolutely.

> It's funny that even with the increasing amount of smartphones and tablets, people still prefer schedules printed on paper.

Indeed:
To help my personal schedule for which talks I can attend, I've printed the 18 landscape
pages found in the a4.pdf, on a landscape A3 paper in this order (one day per page):
 saturday (one side):
   1  2  3        (10:30 - 13:45)
   4  5  6        (14:00 - 17:00)
   7  8  9        (17:15 - 19:00)
 sunday (other side, or second sheet):
  10 11 12        (09:00 - 12:15)
  13 14 15        (12:30 - 15:30)
  16 17 18        (15:45 - 18:00)

Due to not being designed for printing this way, the text was quite small while
there was lots of white space - but it still was useable.

So I would appreciate to have the schedule also available designed for printing in
some all-rooms-in-a-row-on-one-page layout. This, however, doesn't imply the whole
day needs to be on one page - important is to have all rooms with concurrent talks
visible in one row. Actually, this is how non-free conferences ship their schedule.

Thank you!
/haubi/