[FOSDEM] big rooms for popular subjects with popular speakers please

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Sat Feb 1 14:57:42 CET 2014

On 01 Feb 2014, at 14:20, Joost Ringoot <joost at ringoot.org> wrote:
> Sorry for the rant (because I could not get in), but I think James Turnbull should get a room with a capacity of +500 people at least. He wrote several books and as a plus his talk is about docker which is fresh new and also popular.

So did several other speakers (probably?).

Honestly: this is a problem we can't fix.  We try to schedule "popular presentations"
in appropriately large rooms, but on some level, all presentations are popular.  It's
impossible to please everybody.  Scheduling 22 rooms in parallel is Really Difficult.

We are (trying to?) record everything this year.  Apart from the fact that that's just
a really cool thing to do, we also hoped that that would spread the load factor of the
rooms a bit.  To be evaluated, etc.

Be positive, be open minded.  If a room is full ... there are others?  You can watch
the recording at home.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps