[FOSDEM] CFP: Open Source Search Dev Room

Leslie Hawthorn mebelh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:53:52 CEST 2014

***Please forward this CFP to anyone who may be interested in participating.***

Search has evolved to be much more than simply full-text search. We
now rely on “search engines” for a wide variety of functionality:
search as navigation, search as analytics and backend for data
visualization and sometimes, dare we say it, as a data store. The
purpose of this dev room is to explore the new world of open source
search engines: their enhanced functionality, new use cases, feature
and architectural deep dives, and the position of search in relation
to the wider set of software tools.

We welcome proposals from folks working with or on open source search
engines (e.g. Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Seeks,
Sphinx, etc.) or technologies that heavily depend upon search (e.g.
NoSQL databases, Nutch, Apache Hadoop). We are particularly interested
in presentations on search algorithms, machine learning, real-world
implementation/deployment stories and explorations of the future of
search.

Talks should be 30-60 minutes in length, including time for Q&A.

You can submit your talks to us here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11yLMj9ZlRD1EMU3Knp5y6eO3H5BRK7V38G0OxSfp84A/viewform

Our Call for Papers will close at 23:59 CEST on Monday, December 1,
2014. We cannot guarantee we will have the opportunity to review
submissions made after the deadline, so please submit early (and
often)!

Should you have any questions, you can contact the Dev Room
organizers: opensourcesearch-devroom at lists.fosdem.org

Cheers,
LH on behalf of the Open Source Search Dev Room Program Committee*

* Boaz Leskes, Isabel Drost-Fromm, Leslie Hawthorn, Ted Dunning,
Torsten Curdt, Uwe Schindler

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Work Email: leslie.hawthorn at elasticsearch.com