[FOSDEM] Testing and Automation devroom CFP
jeff.weiss at puppetlabs.com
Wed Oct 22 23:11:32 CEST 2014
This is the third year for the Testing/Automation dev room at FOSDEM. This
room is about creating better software through a focus on testing and
automation at all layers of the stack. From creating libraries and end-user
applications all the way down to packaging, distribution and deployment.
Testing and automation is not isolated to a single toolchain, language or
platform, there is much to learn and share regardless of background!
Since this is the third year we're hosting the Testing and Automation dev
room, here are some ideas of what we would like to see, and what worked in
prior years, they're just ideas though! Check out the (
schedules for inspiration.
### Testing in the real, open source world
* War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
* Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code
* Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing "systems"
### Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
* Explain/demo how your open source tool made developing quality software
* Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough
people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a
tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better."
FOSDEM is hosted at [Université libre de Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium](
https://fosdem.org/2015/practical/transportation/). The Testing and
Automation dev room is currently slated for Building H, room 1309, which
* CFP Submission Deadline: **23:59 UTC, 1 December 2014**
* Schedule Announced: **15 December 2014**
* Presentations: **31 January and 1 February 2015**
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or more)
10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by **23:59 UTC on December 1st 2014**.
We will notify all those submitting proposals about their acceptance by
December 15th 2014.
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you'd like)
with [Pentabarf](https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM15), the FOSDEM
paper submission system. Be sure to select `Testing and Automation`
otherwise we won't see it!
You can create an account, or use an existing account if you already have
Please note: FOSDEM is a [FLOSS](
event, by and for the community, please ensure your topic is appropriate
(i.e. this isn't the right forum for commercial product presentations)
* [Jeff Weiss](https://github.com/jeffweiss) - Process automation developer
* [R. Tyler Croy](https://github.com/rtyler) - JRuby/Jenkins hacker
For more/update-to-date information, please see
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM