[FOSDEM] Ruby devroom 2015 Call for participation now open!

R. Tyler Croy tyler at monkeypox.org
Thu Oct 23 20:47:32 CEST 2014

(for a HTML version of this message: <http://fosdem-ruby.github.io/cfp.html>)

We're very excited to announce the call for participation for the Ruby devroom
for FOSDEM 2015!

INTRO
-----

The goal of the Ruby devroom is to host technical content focused around the
Ruby language and the numerous open source projects and initiatives which
implement, extend and instrument the Ruby language.

The time format for presentations in the Ruby devroom is not set in stone, but
the ideal duration is around 35-45 minutes with Q&A included.

We are open to suggestions for panels and/or more open, moderated, discussions
provided the topics proposed fit with the theme of the room.

More details about the room can/will be found here: http://fosdem-ruby.github.io/

TALKS/TOPICS WE'D LIKE TO SEE
-----------------------------

Some suggestions on the kinds of topics we would like to see discussed in the Ruby devroom:

* The current state of the Ruby language itself
* Presentations on the techniques employed by various Ruby virtual machines and
  interpreters, along with the effectiveness and/or trade-offs of implementing
  those techniques
* Upcoming Ruby language features, and the implementation challenges and/or
  user benefits that they provide
* Tools and practices used to certify Ruby language conformity and evaluate its
  performance

SUBMITTING
----------

To submit a proposal to present in the Ruby devroom, please submit your
proposal on penta.fosdem.org.

Steps:
------
* You will need to create an account if you do not already have an account from
  previous years.
* Click the 'Create event' link
* Enter the details for your presentation
* You must select the *Ruby devroom* track in your submission. If you don’t we
  might never see your proposal! (see here for example:
  http://fosdem-ruby.github.io/images/track_selection.png)
* Submit!

Presentation are recorded and will be made available with CC-BY licence by FOSDEM.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

* End of the Call for Participation: December 1st, 2014
* Announcement of accepted proposals: December 15th, 2014
* FOSDEM 2015: January 31st and February 1st, 2015

SELECTION COMMITTEE
-------------------

R. Tyler Croy - JRuby/Jenkins hacker
Charles Nutter - JRuby core hacker
Laurent Sansonetti - RubyMotion (toolchain for iOS/OS X development in Ruby) developer
Florian Gilcher - Ruby Berlin e.V. (European non-profit) committee member, organizer, hacker
Christophe Philemotte - Ruby burgers and BRUG organizer, and hacker

We look forward to FOSDEM 2015 and seeing you all there!

- R. Tyler Croy

     Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
  Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

  % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F