[FOSDEM] non-profit status, waiving visa fees

Emanuil Tolev emanuil.tolev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:28:29 CET 2015

Again, not staff, but first question in my head would be "are young
visitors representatives of FOSDEM even if it itself is a non-profit?". The
language seems to indicate people who represent a non-profit themselves,
not those merely visiting an event organised by a non-profit. To me this
suggests people like Red Cross volunteers, United Nations interns and many
others in similar positions. If somebody is just a 20-year old interested
in FLOS software they are probably not "representative of a non-profit
organisation".

If they are a contributor to a FLOSS project then the organisation behind
the project might help (e.g. the Document Foundation if they contributed to
LibreOffice, Mozilla -> quite a few projects, etc.).

Greetings,
Emanuil