[FOSDEM] non-profit status, waiving visa fees

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Tue Dec 22 12:38:31 CET 2015

On 22/12/15 12:28, Emanuil Tolev wrote:
> Again, not staff, but first question in my head would be "are young
> visitors representatives of FOSDEM even if it itself is a non-profit?".
> The language seems to indicate people who represent a non-profit
> themselves, not those merely visiting an event organised by a
> non-profit. To me this suggests people like Red Cross volunteers, United
> Nations interns and many others in similar positions. If somebody is
> just a 20-year old interested in FLOS software they are probably not
> "representative of a non-profit organisation".
>
> If they are a contributor to a FLOSS project then the organisation
> behind the project might help (e.g. the Document Foundation if they
> contributed to LibreOffice, Mozilla -> quite a few projects, etc.).

Consider for example somebody who did Google Summer of Code or Outreachy
with one of those other non-profit organizations.  So the question
applies to a person (probably under 25) associated with (Debian|Document
Foundation|Mozilla|whatever non-profit) coming to an event organized by
a non-profit (FOSDEM).

Regards,

Daniel