[FOSDEM] Embedded devroom final notification

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 17:15:14 CET 2015

Hi,

If Pentabarf says your talk is accepted, that means that the track
chairs set its status to accepted.

If your status is unconfirmed, that means that the talk status was not
updated (it should be auto-updated when you reconfirm your attendance in
your profile, but Philip mentioned there's a known bug preventing that
updating from happening). That status needs to be manually updated by
track chairs, and I simply did it for all the talks I accepted.

Incidentally, setting talk status to accepted does not notify the
speakers their talk was accepted - I had to extract email addresses and
manually notify people (a bit of a pain). I imagine that some track
chairs may not be aware that they need to do this.

Cheers,
Dave.

On 01/08/2015 09:46 AM, mak apuf wrote:
> Does that mean that if the pentabarf says that my talk is accepted (but
> progress is still  "unconfirmed" ) , it's actually confirmed but not
> scheduled ? what are the chances for the schedule to change - if it can
> be estimated ?
>
> thanks,
>
> --
> makapuf

Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338