[FOSDEM] Embedded devroom final notification

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Thu Jan 8 17:40:38 CET 2015

On 2015-01-08 11:15:14 (-0500), Dave Neary <dneary at redhat.com> wrote:
> If Pentabarf says your talk is accepted, that means that the track
> chairs set its status to accepted.

It will only show up on the schedule when it's accepted/confirmed.  You
(devroom coordinator) need to set "confirmed".

> If your status is unconfirmed, that means that the talk status was not
> updated (it should be auto-updated when you reconfirm your attendance in
> your profile, but Philip mentioned there's a known bug preventing that
> updating from happening). That status needs to be manually updated by
> track chairs, and I simply did it for all the talks I accepted.

This affects the change from "confirmed" to "reconfirmed".  If an event
is not even "confirmed" it has no chance of ever ending up on the
schedule.

> Incidentally, setting talk status to accepted does not notify the
> speakers their talk was accepted - I had to extract email addresses and
> manually notify people (a bit of a pain). I imagine that some track
> chairs may not be aware that they need to do this.

I'm sure this limitation was pointed out on the devroom-managers@
mailing list once or twice. :)  I do have an Evil Perl Hack that can
extract lists of email for devroom organisers if they want it.

There are very good reasons not to allow web-facing things to send
email!

Philip

--
Philip Paeps