[FOSDEM] Embedded devroom final notification

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 17:45:03 CET 2015

Hi,

On 01/08/2015 11:40 AM, Philip Paeps wrote:
>> Incidentally, setting talk status to accepted does not notify the
>> speakers their talk was accepted - I had to extract email addresses and
>> manually notify people (a bit of a pain). I imagine that some track
>> chairs may not be aware that they need to do this.
>
> I'm sure this limitation was pointed out on the devroom-managers@
> mailing list once or twice. :)  I do have an Evil Perl Hack that can
> extract lists of email for devroom organisers if they want it.

It was - but if others are like me, they may not be paying attention to
all email from the list ;-)

> There are very good reasons not to allow web-facing things to send
> email!

Yes, it wasn't a criticism, just information. A way to extract name,
email address and talk title as a CSV would be great, as that would
allow easy export + mail merge.

Thank you for the information on accepted/confirmed too - I was not
clear that I had to do that, I thought speakers needed to do it. All
cleared up now.

Thank you,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338