[FOSDEM] FOSDEM and freedom

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Sat Jan 31 01:28:21 CET 2015

On 2015-01-31 00:21:35 (-0000), marioyap at sigaint.org <marioyap at sigaint.org> wrote:
> It seems that the free software is replaced by open source on FOSDEM
> website. 2014: https://fosdem.org/2014/about/
> 2015: https://www.fosdem.org/2015/about/
>
> What is the scope on changing this ?

There is no conspiracy.

> https://github.com/FOSDEM/website/commit/f86c7040dad3dd1e85d8b0922079250ae591dd30

"software software"?

If you're going to send mechanical diffs to (re?)introduce newspeak, at
least have the decency to check them?

Now is not the time to fiddle with this sort of content changes.  It's
the worst possible time in face.  We have a conference starting in under
twelve hours and serious issues to fix before then.  We have a great
conference with a great programme (the other 3685 files on our
website...).

Focus!

Philip

--