[FOSDEM] FOSDEM and freedom

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Sat Jan 31 01:34:13 CET 2015

On 2015-01-31 01:28:21 (+0100), Philip Paeps <philip at fosdem.org> wrote:
> On 2015-01-31 00:21:35 (-0000), marioyap at sigaint.org <marioyap at sigaint.org> wrote:
> > https://github.com/FOSDEM/website/commit/f86c7040dad3dd1e85d8b0922079250ae591dd30
>
> "software software"?
>
> If you're going to send mechanical diffs to (re?)introduce newspeak, at
> least have the decency to check them?

Oh sorry, I thought that was a different link than I thought it was.
Someone sent a clearly mechanical patch running sed over a page.

Apparently the newspeak got lost in translating FOSDEM english to
slightly more Real English nearly two years ago.

There's no conspiracy.  And if it took someone two years to notice...

> Now is not the time to fiddle with this sort of content changes.  It's
> the worst possible time in face.  We have a conference starting in under
> twelve hours and serious issues to fix before then.  We have a great
> conference with a great programme (the other 3685 files on our
> website...).

This though.

Would you like network at FOSDEM tomorrow, or do you prefer newspeak on
the website?  Video recordings, anyone?

Philip

--
Philip Paeps