[FOSDEM] FOSDEM and freedom

Philipp Klaus Krause philipp at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Jan 31 08:39:46 CET 2015

On 31.01.2015 01:34, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2015-01-31 01:28:21 (+0100), Philip Paeps <philip at fosdem.org>
> wrote:
>> On 2015-01-31 00:21:35 (-0000), marioyap at sigaint.org
>> <marioyap at sigaint.org> wrote:
>>> https://github.com/FOSDEM/website/commit/f86c7040dad3dd1e85d8b0922079250ae591dd30

"software software"?

>> If you're going to send mechanical diffs to (re?)introduce
>> newspeak, at least have the decency to check them?
>
> Oh sorry, I thought that was a different link than I thought it
> was. Someone sent a clearly mechanical patch running sed over a
> page.
>
> Apparently the newspeak got lost in translating FOSDEM english to
> slightly more Real English nearly two years ago.
>
> There's no conspiracy.  And if it took someone two years to
> notice...
>
>> Now is not the time to fiddle with this sort of content changes.
>> It's the worst possible time in face.  We have a conference
>> starting in under twelve hours and serious issues to fix before
>> then.  We have a great conference with a great programme (the
>> other 3685 files on our website...).
>
> This though.
>
> Would you like network at FOSDEM tomorrow, or do you prefer
> newspeak on the website?  Video recordings, anyone?
>
> Philip

I'd prefer this small but highly visible bug on the website to be
fixed as soon as possible. The conference starting today will just
make it more visible. Also, this is not the first time the bug was
noticed, apparently some FSF people noticed and tried to get it fixed
before.

Philipp