[FOSDEM] Open Media devroom CFP - FOSDEM 2016
zohar.babin at kaltura.com
Mon Oct 26 02:57:58 CET 2015
Following a successful Open Media Room at FOSDEM 2015, we are organizing another Open Media Room at FOSDEM 2016.
Reference to 2015’s sessions: https://archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/track/open_media/
Open Media devroom @ FOSDEM 2016 will be on:
Saturday, January 30, 2016 .
# About Open-Media devroom
The Open Media Room will focus on all things Free & Open Source Media Projects, including Software and Hardware, spanning from building audio & video applications, through standards, formats, codecs, video analytics and Search to Web video, IPTV, Broadcasting and Radio practices and much more. If you're interested in video, image or audio technologies, and the breadth of available open source technologies and communities for media - the Open Media Room is for you!
# CFP Guidelines
The deadline for submission is: December, 1st 2015 (Tuesday).
* To submit your proposal, visit: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16
* The time slot for presentations is up to 20 minutes, and for panel discussions up to 35 minutes. We will also have 5 minutes for Q&A after each session, and 10 minutes for speaker switching/prep in between. (Feel free to ask if you want to have a longer or a shorter slot.)
* IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select **”Open Media devroom”** track for your submission.
* You will need to create an account (or use your account from 2015) and then go to "create event”, and add the details of your presentation.
* All sessions will be recorded and be made available under CC-BY licence by FOSDEM at https://video.fosdem.org/ .
## Your submission must include the following information
* The title and subtitle of your talk (please be descriptive).
* select **”Open Media devroom”** as the track.
* 1 paragraph detailing what the talk will discuss, and why attendees should attend it.
* A longer description if you have more details to share.
* Links to related material/websites/blogs etc.
Additionally, Foundation of Open Media Software (FOMS) plans to host another FOMS meeting adjacent to FOSDEM 2016 (last year: http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2015/ ). If you’re interested in joining FOMS too, please drop us a line at community at kaltura.com .
You may also be interested to join the Open Source community from the European Broadcasting Union on: https://tech.ebu.ch/groups/opensource
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information!
Join the Open Media devroom mailing list at:
Zohar and Mathias,
On behalf of the Open Media devroom.
open-media-devroom at lists.fosdem.org
More information about the FOSDEM